1. Use : N(consonant ending) +이에요
N(vowel ending) + 예요
2. Meaning : Be verb like is, are, am (Polite way and informal way(friendly))
- There is no space between noun and 예요/이에요
- In Korean, there is no difference between is/are/am, so you don’t need to think about the subject at this moment.
3. Example : 의사(vowel ending) +예요 -> 의사예요 ~is/are/am a doctor
카메라(vowel ending) +예요 -> 카메라예요 ~is/are a camera
미국 사람(consonant ending) + 이에요 -> 미국 사람이에요 ~is/are/am an American
선생님(consonant ending) +이에요 -> 선생님이에요 ~is/are/am a teacher
4. You can use this as a question.
eg) 의사예요? ~is a doctor?
카메라예요? ~is a camera?
뭐예요? What is/are ~?
누구예요? Who is/are/am ~?
선생님이에요? ~is a teacher?
학생이에요? ~is a student?
형이에요? Is he your older brother?
어느 나라 사람이에요? Where are you from?
For more sentences and audio files, please click here.