있어요/없어요 To have, To exist
1. N이/가 + 있어요. I have N. / There is N.
e.g) 사과가 있어요. I have an apple. / There is an apple.
집이 있어요. I have a house. / There is a house.
돈이 있어요. I have money. / There is money.
아내가 있어요. I have wife. / There is (my) wife.
2. N이/가 + 없어요. I do not have N. / There is no N.
e.g) 사과가 없어요. I do not have an apple. / There is no apple.
선생님이 없어요. I do not have a teacher. / There is no teacher.
핸드폰이 없어요. I do not have a cell phone. / There is no cell phone.
커피가 없어요. I do not have coffee. / There is no coffee.
3. Drop the subject marker 이/가 : N + 있어요 / N + 없어요
e.g) 마이크 씨 있어요? Is there Mike?
사과 있어요? There is an apple.
돈 있어요? Do you have money?
의자 있어요. There is a chair.
4. Make a question : N + 있어요? / N + 없어요?
– You can simply rise your tone at the end of the sentence, it will turn into a question.
e.g) 선생님 있어요?
마이크 씨 있어요?